Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannibal Corpse meets the Reverend Jesse Jackson

4 posters

:: General :: Music

Go down

Cannibal Corpse meets the Reverend Jesse Jackson  Empty Cannibal Corpse meets the Reverend Jesse Jackson

Post by TexasBlue Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Cannibal Corpse meets the Reverend Jesse Jackson

Big Grin Big Grin

TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Cannibal Corpse meets the Reverend Jesse Jackson  Admin210

Back to top Go down

Cannibal Corpse meets the Reverend Jesse Jackson  Empty Re: Cannibal Corpse meets the Reverend Jesse Jackson

Post by dblboggie Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Cannibal Corpse meets the Reverend Jesse Jackson  70gjk1 I don't get it. No
dblboggie
dblboggie

Cannibal Corpse meets the Reverend Jesse Jackson  Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Cannibal Corpse meets the Reverend Jesse Jackson  Empty Re: Cannibal Corpse meets the Reverend Jesse Jackson

Post by TexasBlue Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Okay. Watch this video and picture these guys hobnobbing with JJ.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Okay... what the fuck is that supposed to be???? Is someone actually trying to classify that as music????

Man... I am CLEARLY out of the loop... this is pure crap! And what's with that drummer??? Is he drumming nude???

Honestly, is that actually supposed to be something that is considered musical art????

:ahhh:
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:10 pm

It's called death metal.

Actually they have quite the following.

Wiki:
Cannibal Corpse is an American death metal band from Buffalo, New York. Formed in 1988, the band has released eleven studio albums, one box set, and one live album. Throughout the years the band has been established, they have had little radio or television exposure, although a cult following began to build behind the group with the release of albums such as 1991's Butchered at Birth and 1992's Tomb of the Mutilated which both reached over one million in worldwide sales by 2003, including 558,929 in the United States, making them the top-selling death metal band of all time in the US, and second worldwide.

Personally, I like the music but the vocals leave alot to be desired.

I guess I'm warped. Shocked
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Wiki on those types of vocals:

Technique

Growls can be obtained with various voice effects, but the effects are usually used to enhance rather than create, if they are used at all. Voice teachers teach different techniques, but long-term use will still take its toll - these techniques are designed to reduce rather than eliminate harm. The Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre in The Netherlands reported in June 2007 that, due to the increased popularity of growling in the region, it was treating several patients for edema and polyps on the vocal folds.

Most "correct" growls use either a variation of vocal fry or false vocal cords. Death growls are often referred to as an overtone style of screaming, and while tonally very different, the majority of "good" growling techniques apply the same principles that are witnessed in "clean" vocals. These principles include timing and cues, holding a note (or gurgle) for a certain amount of time without it fraying, and being able to scream rhythmically underneath the growl while alternating between different pitches if necessary. The changes in pitch are more prevalent in the less guttural styles. Some notable examples of vocalists who use alternating pitches in their vocalisation are Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth, Mille Petrozza of Kreator, Chuck Billy of Testament, Jason Mendonca of Akercocke and Chuck Schuldiner of Death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_growl
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:07 am

Honestly speaking... I prefer Frank Sinatra and other classical singers... "growling" is not "singing" imho... :no:
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:46 pm

dblboggie wrote:Is someone actually trying to classify that as music????
Yeah... you're over 40 alright Snicker
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:36 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:
dblboggie wrote:Is someone actually trying to classify that as music????
Yeah... you're over 40 alright Snicker

Just a skosh over 40... Snicker

dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 pm

I've never heard of Cannibal Corpse. Can't say I feel like I've missed out.
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Cannibal Corpse meets the Reverend Jesse Jackson  Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:49 pm

BecMacFeegle wrote:I've never heard of Cannibal Corpse. Can't say I feel like I've missed out.

Yeah, they'd give you nightmares.... and make you eat more chocolate. Big Grin
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down