Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Good Come from God?

3 posters

:: Main :: Religion

Go down

Does Good Come from God? Empty Does Good Come from God?

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:47 pm

A video debate between Sam Harris and William Lane Craig.

The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Does Good Come from God? Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Does Good Come from God? Empty Re: Does Good Come from God?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Well, if you're into a religion that believs in God, then I'd say you probably say yes. If you are NOT in a religion that believes in God, or you yourself don't believe inGod, then I'd think you probably would say no.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:48 pm

Look at this problem pragmatically. All religious belief, in some way, obstructs the believer from rational scientific areas of knowledge. Look at the republican national conventions and see how many of the candidates refuse to believe in evolution, despite mountains of evidence, because of a 2000 year old desert superstition. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:13 pm

God gives a lot of people something to hold on to and something to go to during bad times. I know plenty of people who went through some real rough stuff and religion helped them get through their crisis. There are 2 sides to this argument just like there are 2 sides to religious people: Those who live and let live and those who believe that only their God is right and they need to tell and convert everybody.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Does Good Come from God? Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:42 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:
God gives a lot of people something to hold on to and something to go to during bad times. I know plenty of people who went through some real rough stuff and religion helped them get through their crisis. There are 2 sides to this argument just like there are 2 sides to religious people: Those who live and let live and those who believe that only their God is right and they need to tell and convert everybody.

That's how I see it.

Plus, you have 3 different religions that say their Bible is right. Not all of them can be right and the other two wrong.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Does Good Come from God? Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down