Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming titles you're excited about

3 posters

:: General :: Video Games

Go down

Upcoming titles you're excited about Empty Upcoming titles you're excited about

Post by BecMacFeegle Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:45 am

So clearly I've been excited about - Diablo III!!!

http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Initial thoughts on the cinematic trailer:

Looks soooo pretty - but the second I saw the chick at the end - wtf, Final Fantasy?!

I get super duper excited about character classes first and foremost. They still have one to announce.

The Witch doctor is taking over from the necromancer.
The Wizzard is taking over from the Sorceress.
The monk is taking over from the druid.
The barbarians are replacing the Knight.

So what are we left with...? The rogue/amazon character, a ranger?

I'm not that keen on the look of the characters so far. The male Barbarian looks like he has learning difficulties. He has an overbite for chrisakes! What am I supposed to call him? Dwayne Dibley?! And as for the female one...well...I suppose it's nice that we can see fat birds in video games. The Witch Doctors...look bloody scary. The Male monk...ra-ra-Rasputin. I like the look of the female monk though. Sassy! The Wizards do look pretty cool. But I always play as a Wizard.

I must be the only person in the world who preferred the original game to the second one. I was almost obsessively attached to the Rogue - and to see her relegated to a supporting character in the second game made me CROSS! The other thing that annoyed me a bit about the second one was that you had to walk for about a week before you got to where you wanted to be. And there was almost too much emphasis upon online gaming. I'm one of those weird people who quite likes to sit and play on their own, like some sort of anti-social pariah. And I get a buzz from trying to collect one of everything - so to find you could really only collect EVERYTHING if you played online bugged me a bit. And I don't like online gaming that much.

My reservations about Diablo 3 will be that they turn it into a cross between FF and WoW.

But anyway, all this talk of Diablo 3 got me thinking about something else...
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Upcoming titles you're excited about Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Upcoming titles you're excited about Empty Re: Upcoming titles you're excited about

Post by BecMacFeegle Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:08 am

Dungeon Siege 3!!!

Oh my. I loved Dungeon Siege 2. A lot. It stole my affection away from Diablo II completely. It has everything an item hording little geek like me could want from a game - and a lot more. I know that makes me a freak with Diablo II fan boys, but Diablo II fan boys can kiss my arse (that includes you, Matt Very Happy)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Siege_III
http://www.dungeonsiege.com/

Gameplay:

Cinematic (bit rubbish):

SOooo, the moment they start announcing character classes for this - is the moment I start pinging off the walls.
BUT, I am concerned after watching the trailer. The best thing about DSII was that you get to play as more than one character - you have a group of characters that you control and develop. And it rocks. I see only 1 character in play in the trailer. They CAN'T have done away with the multiple character thing, can they?! Also - it says their releasing it on the xbox360 & PS3, HOW can you play DS on console?! HOW?! What have they done to my beautiful game?!?!11!?

So I await developments anxiously, but with excitement.
We'll be buying a new PC to play these Very Happy

ANnnnd we're getting an xbox360 for Crimble. Upcoming titles you're excited about 2c85c170896a3d6c1fe4Upcoming titles you're excited about Happy%20danceUpcoming titles you're excited about Very%20happy
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Back to top Go down

Upcoming titles you're excited about Empty Re: Upcoming titles you're excited about

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:12 am

I only have Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 along with Burnout Paradise (racing game). Oh... i have Call of Duty (2 i think) but hardly play it. It was a pirated game.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Upcoming titles you're excited about Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:29 pm

I only liked Diablo 2 for the Necromancer class, only because raising skellies to do my bidding means I don't have to click so damned much. I'm not sure how well the Witch Doctor will fill that niche TBH.

You know what would have made DIII awesome? Get rid of the boring combat system and replace it with one similar to the new Tomb Raider title or Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but keep the skill tree system from the first two.

I loved Dungeon Siege I and II, but I hear that DS III will remove the player's party and have the game done solo just like Diablo, which totally removes this game's USP from the other diablo clones.

OK, my boring rant over - the upcoming games I'm interested in is... sod all. Civ V and Dead Rising 2 is all I need for a long time Very Happy

OK OK, that's not completely true. Warhammer 40K: Space Marines look like a cross between Gears of War and Warhammer, so it cannot possibly fail (still would love to hear Yahtzee demolish the game though since it sounds like a game made just to piss him off!). Also Guild Wars 2 - never played the first one and I really despise MMO, but this is the only one that has ever seriously caught my interest as it promises no grinding and no subscription fees.

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:06 pm

I loved Dungeon Siege I and II, but I hear that DS III will remove the player's party and have the game done solo just like Diablo, which totally removes this game's USP from the other diablo clones.
No.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!111!!!!

Oh well...I will console myself with the xbox then. And as I'm getting an xbox for Crimble - the first console I've had since the PS2, there are loads of games I'm sickeningly excited about playing for the very first time that everyone else is already totally bored with:

GOW I & II
BioShock I & II
ALL the Halo games. ALL of them.
Getting my own Orange Box
Arkum Assylum
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead I & II (why not!)
Tomb Raider Underworld

Any other recommendations would be much appreciated!
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:48 pm

BecMacFeegle wrote:Oh well...I will console myself with the xbox then. And as I'm getting an xbox for Crimble - the first console I've had since the PS2, there are loads of games I'm sickeningly excited about playing for the very first time that everyone else is already totally bored with:

GOW I & II
BioShock I & II
Arkum Assylum
Dead Space
Tomb Raider Underworld

I can't speak for those other games, but with both Left 4 Dead games, you'll be ham-stringed on Xbox because you won't be able to install custom campaigns that have been made by others. Some of those are even better than stuff Valve did with L4D.

Just sayin'.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:44 pm

I've been excited about Diablo III for two years since they first said it would be released in March 2008. Still waiting.

I'm still excited about playing Medieval Total War 2 when I finally get a machine powerful enough to play it!
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Upcoming titles you're excited about Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:00 am

BecMacFeegle wrote:
GOW I & II
BioShock I & II
Arkum Assylum
Dead Space
Tomb Raider Underworld

Get Bioshock, don't get Bioshock II. Bioshock II has little of the atmosphere, none of the challenges (you're a freaking 8ft tank in this one!) and a much worse story to the first one. I suspect Dead Space II would do exactly the same for Dead Space, even more action less atmosphere and plot.

Buying ALL the Halo games is probably a waste of time (unless you are seriously interested in the utterly pretentious storyline), Halo 3 + Halo Reach is all you really need. Maybe Halo 2 as well. The original Halo is too crude to look at, Halo ODST was absolutely hated in the Halo world and the strategy game plays just like nearly every other console RTS - not very well.

I really liked Dead Rising (I or II), Guitar Hero 2, Fallout 3 and Saints Row II.

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:11 am

merkwurdigliebe wrote:
BecMacFeegle wrote:
GOW I & II
BioShock I & II
Arkum Assylum
Dead Space
Tomb Raider Underworld

Get Bioshock, don't get Bioshock II. Bioshock II has little of the atmosphere, none of the challenges (you're a freaking 8ft tank in this one!) and a much worse story to the first one. I suspect Dead Space II would do exactly the same for Dead Space, even more action less atmosphere and plot.

Buying ALL the Halo games is probably a waste of time (unless you are seriously interested in the utterly pretentious storyline), Halo 3 + Halo Reach is all you really need. Maybe Halo 2 as well. The original Halo is too crude to look at, Halo ODST was absolutely hated in the Halo world and the strategy game plays just like nearly every other console RTS - not very well.

I really liked Dead Rising (I or II), Guitar Hero 2, Fallout 3 and Saints Row II.

Cheers for that - I wasn't really sure where to start with Halo, I know getting the first would mean going back and getting an xbox game, but as people bang on about the story I thought it might be worth it. Now I hear Reach pretty much fills that gap so I probably won't bother. I didn't realise ODST was so hated! I should probably skip that one too. And I've never understood the need to put an RTS on a console, so that ones out any way.

You're probably right about Dead Space II being a rehash - I'll see how I enjoy the first one before I get too excited about the sequel. They did manage the unthinkable and produced a pretty decent rail shooter for the Wii, with Extraction - so maybe they'll pull off something impressive with the sequel. And I hear mixed reviews about BioShock II, I'll stick to the first one I think - at least for now.

We have Guitar Hero (well, the Metallica version any way) on the Wii, so I won't be getting that for the 360. Never thought about Fallout 3 or Saints Row, so I'll check those out too, cheers.

I also forgot, frikkin Assassins Creed - I've been chewing my arm off over not being able to play that for - quite literally - years. Not sure what to do about PoP either - loved SoT on the PS2, got really pissed of with number II, and I don't like the look of the later ones so I might give those a miss and just continue pining over the wasted awesomeness they achieved in the first one.

Oh and then there's Dragon Age. Might try it out. Not sure.

Gods damnit I want my friggin xbox NOW!
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Ohh I forgot about Dragon Age, given you listed Diablo III and Dungeon Siege III as "musts", DA should just make sense (maybe Oblivion as well, it's a budget title now anyway).

I thought DA was "OK", it was a little disappointing for an Bioware game. My biggest complaint with the game is that it was sold as a serious, gritty and "grown up" fantasy title. Serious, gritty and grown up it wasn't. Well... it gets "gritty points" only because everyone in the game has bad yellow teeth.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Definitely looking forward to Dead Space 2. This first game is amazing.

Dead Space

Dead Space 2
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Looks wild... Left 4 Dead on massive steroids. Big Grin
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:14 pm

It really gets under the skin; the atmosphere is amazing.

Here is the opening sequence

The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Graphics look cool.

You ever going to try L4D on your Xbox? You'd like it. It's modeled after 28 Days Later..... infection instead of Night of the Living Dead shit.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:18 am

I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for it, yes. You've played it up so much, how can I not? Besides, if it is built on the same engine as Resident Evil 4 and 5, I'm sure I will enjoy it.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:13 am

After almost two years playing it, I'm addicted to it still.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:39 am

I want Dead Space 2. I want it now. It isn't released until tomorrow. I may blow half my meagre camera budget on buying it. I want it. BADLY. I has to have Dead Space 2, damnit! Give it to meeee!
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:54 pm

What if Matt won't let you? Big Grin
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:04 am

At the moment she is consoling herself with playing the first one on a harder setting.

Besides, she said she would play through Dead Space: Extraction (a prequel) on the Wii first before getting Dead Space 2
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Aye.

You still need L4d on Xbox. You won't be able to pull your wife away from that one either.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down