Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Money

:: Miscellaneous :: Vent!

Go down

Money Empty Money

Post by TexasBlue Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:16 pm

When cashiers hand your change back to you and put the bills in your hand first and then the change on top of the bills. Pisses me off.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Money Admin210

Back to top Go down

Money Empty Re: Money

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:44 am

TexasBlue wrote:When cashiers hand your change back to you and put the bills in your hand first and then the change on top of the bills. Pisses me off.

What I do is grasp my hand (with the notes & coins) and just then tip and slide the coins away into my purse, manbag, wallet; before I stash the notes away into the fold.

It makes sense from the cashier's POV to hand you the larger denominations first, counting down to the pennies; had it also been the other way - with the change on the bottom and notes on top, it's probably easier to drop the change or a wind could blow off the bills on top.

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:28 am

I work for the US Postal Service part time. My natural inclination is to hand the people the coin change first because it's counted first when doing a transaction. Then the bills come afterward. Hence, they go on top.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Money Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down