Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Pisses You Off?

+2
The_Amber_Spyglass
TexasBlue
6 posters

:: Miscellaneous :: Vent!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What Pisses You Off? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Pisses You Off?

Post by dblboggie Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Arx Ferrum wrote:What is seriously pissing me off at the moment is all the media hype that global warming has now, suddenly, been accepted as fact by the 'skeptics'.

Well, excuse me! No body ask me and I am about as skeptical on this subject as they come. I don't even proclaim that the climate isn't evolving or changing, but I damned sure don't buy into the left wing's packaging of the subject or the toy surprise in the cereal box; the All Gore Uber-sensitive Global Warming Decoder Ring.

Of course, the MSM is crowing every time someone who 'claims' to be a former skeptic steps to the podium... but then conveniently goes back to the perilous prevails of Polly Nutmeg (Lindsay Lohan) when someone denies the allegation out loud.

PT Barnum would love this show because there is a whole world ready to buy tickets for the dog-faced boy and bearded lady.

A-freakin-men Mike! I'm right there with ya on this one!
dblboggie
dblboggie

What Pisses You Off? - Page 2 Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:29 pm

dblboggie wrote:
Arx Ferrum wrote:What is seriously pissing me off at the moment is all the media hype that global warming has now, suddenly, been accepted as fact by the 'skeptics'.

Well, excuse me! No body ask me and I am about as skeptical on this subject as they come. I don't even proclaim that the climate isn't evolving or changing, but I damned sure don't buy into the left wing's packaging of the subject or the toy surprise in the cereal box; the All Gore Uber-sensitive Global Warming Decoder Ring.

Of course, the MSM is crowing every time someone who 'claims' to be a former skeptic steps to the podium... but then conveniently goes back to the perilous prevails of Polly Nutmeg (Lindsay Lohan) when someone denies the allegation out loud.

PT Barnum would love this show because there is a whole world ready to buy tickets for the dog-faced boy and bearded lady.

A-freakin-men Mike! I'm right there with ya on this one!

Same here, I guess the myth being shoved down everyone's throats is now a fact nowadays. Such a shame, and it's just an excuse for the left to have more government.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Feel free to dispute any of the cold, hard facts about Climate Change in this thread:
https://superiorpolitics.forumotion.com/t786-the-lies-that-climate-change-denialists-tell
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

What Pisses You Off? - Page 2 Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Arx Ferrum Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:31 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:
Feel free to dispute any of the cold, hard facts about Climate Change in this thread:
https://superiorpolitics.forumotion.com/t786-the-lies-that-climate-change-denialists-tell

Cold, hard facts?
Cold, hard facts don't make it into those headlines. It has nothing to do with that.
It is basically that you believe, period. The tail wags the dog again... public opinion manufactured by telling us what we believe.

Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

What Pisses You Off? - Page 2 Newmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Nobody is telling us what we believe. Science has given us solid information, people digest it, form their opinions and react to them. THe fact that there is more evidence to support the pro AGW side just speaks for which side is right and which side isn't.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by Arx Ferrum Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:54 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:
Nobody is telling us what we believe. Science has given us solid information, people digest it, form their opinions and react to them. THe fact that there is more evidence to support the pro AGW side just speaks for which side is right and which side isn't.

Actually, that is YOUR opinion of the information. You may believe as you choose. I may or may not.

We don't have the luxury of visiting labs or giving dinner parties for scientists. We are left to digest what they feed the media and what the media feeds us. It is about trust first, facts second, truth last.

The headlines are geared to tell the population that global warming is now accepted, even by skeptics... when in fact, it is not. From that single standpoint, it is an outright lie. One or two may have changed their views, but not all.

This is a propaganda effort. Nothing short.
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:02 pm

You don't have the luxury to choose which facts are true and which ones are not. What everyone has is the luxury of reading the scientific publications by hundreds of scientists around the world that support Global Warming.
But I must say that I am not the least bit surprised that the debate is going this way. Dbl never disputed the facts either, he, as many other conservaties do, can't dispute the facts so they come up with conspiracy theories and questions the credibility of a source.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Let's discuss this in the proper thread or we can even make a new thread.

I'll even keep my nose out of it. Big Grin
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

What Pisses You Off? - Page 2 Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Arx Ferrum Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:16 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:
You don't have the luxury to choose which facts are true and which ones are not. What everyone has is the luxury of reading the scientific publications by hundreds of scientists around the world that support Global Warming.
But I must say that I am not the least bit surprised that the debate is going this way. Dbl never disputed the facts either, he, as many other conservaties do, can't dispute the facts so they come up with conspiracy theories and questions the credibility of a source.

Again, I am not challenging whatever facts you (or the rest of the global warming community) hold. I am griping... nay, raising hell at the approach.

One more time; this is about telling the nation, the world, that the debate on this subject is somehow finished. This doesn't challenge anything except that approach.

I don't know how more plain and clear I can be.

I don't take a political stand. I don't even take a warmist or anti-warmist stand. I oppose the way it is being force-fed to the public as if all the arguments were over... when by our very presence here, we see that they are not.

Yeah... if you want to create a dedicated thread TB, go right ahead. I can do this because this is about a concept recipe being fed to the public at large... meaning all, left, right, red, blue, US, Europe, Asia, Lower Slobovia.

Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Arx Ferrum Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:37 pm

Mr./Ms. BubbleBliss,

I apologize for fusing off on you. This just happens to be a subject that, like the thread states, really pisses me off.

The issue is misdirection, slight of hand, leading the public by way of telling them what to think. And let's make no mistake... the current situation is one where the general public is not nearly as sound of mind as they once were. As a nation, the United States has long since traded their slide rule for a ticket to the WWE Smackdown.

If we represent anything at all, it is the Roman Empire in those decades just prior to its fall.

Back to the subject at hand, I am not fully convinced that there is even a major climate change underway as much as a shift in patterns. From there, I am not certain of whether these shifts are due to human influence or a natural kind of ebb & flow that we just haven't been around to see yet. No matter how much science claims to know, it really doesn't stack up to what they don't know.

So... when the headlines run roughshod on the public proclaiming that the debate over global warming is over, it just trips my trigger. It is a farce, a politically inspired deception designed from the get-go to corral as many people as possible into a certain belief.

That kind of thing... with no regard to political polarity, just rust rubs me the wrong way.

Thanks for the reply. If I over stated my position, I do apologize. Bruising was not my intent.

Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Arx Ferrum Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:37 pm

One thing that really ticks me off is the liberal habit of criticizing anyone who dares to mention giving thanks on Thanksgiving.

It doesn't matter if you give thanks for your family and friends, for having a roof over your head or food in the cupboard; they will tell you about all the ee-ville they associate with America.

Giving thanks on Thanksgiving anymore, can get you in trouble in some circles...

What Pisses You Off? - Page 2 Tg091c10

Sometimes, as much as I really do dislike the political polarization we build for ourselves, sometimes there is this really big urge to flip a very big finger at those who despise anything that gives meaning to life.

That's just the way I see it.
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Arx Ferrum wrote:One thing that really ticks me off is the liberal habit of criticizing anyone who dares to mention giving thanks on Thanksgiving.

It doesn't matter if you give thanks for your family and friends, for having a roof over your head or food in the cupboard; they will tell you about all the ee-ville they associate with America.

Giving thanks on Thanksgiving anymore, can get you in trouble in some circles...

What Pisses You Off? - Page 2 Tg091c10

Sometimes, as much as I really do dislike the political polarization we build for ourselves, sometimes there is this really big urge to flip a very big finger at those who despise anything that gives meaning to life.

That's just the way I see it.

Liberals love to focus on the negatives of America and ignoring all the good America has done. At my college, I don't think I've ever heard any of my classmates or teachers talk about the good things of America.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:57 pm

I personally haven't had a liberal (in RL or online) say anything bad when one give thanks for whatever during T'giving. Now, at other times? Well...... ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:21 am

This person is a good friend of mine, but she has gotten busier with life and work, which I have no problem with, but when you say that you never carry your phone around because "you're not a guy" I don't get what the hell that means. She has every right to not answer, but when I point out that she's been hard getting a hold of, she just says, "oh you are hard to get a hold of too" or says "I've been trying too", she just tries to turn it around like it's me who hasn't been available. Just weird to me, she let me down, then again most people do.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:24 am

I have a relative that does that. They say they're busy and that's why they don't answer the phone. Oh well. Now I don't call as much and then they call and ask what's wrong. Nothing. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:26 pm

TexasBlue wrote:I have a relative that does that. They say they're busy and that's why they don't answer the phone. Oh well. Now I don't call as much and then they call and ask what's wrong. Nothing. ROFL

Do you always believe them when they say that they're busy?
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Nope.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Arx Ferrum Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:51 pm

TexasBlue wrote:I have a relative that does that. They say they're busy and that's why they don't answer the phone. Oh well. Now I don't call as much and then they call and ask what's wrong. Nothing. ROFL

My oldest daughter does this... though I confess that I am long winded. That combined with the rarity of extended conversations anymore... and I can prolly inspire the result myself, lol.
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Slow drivers. The ones who go way below the speed limit, some of them do it to be pricks I believe, they don't consider that some people have appointments or places they need to be at a certain time.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:42 pm

People who drive the posted speed limit..... in the hammer lane.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Can't find a job. I'm frustrated.. That's what happens when you live in a small town, there's nothing here. I'm going to give up and just hope my dad has some work for me at some point.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:15 pm

It's sad that small towns have gotten that way. My town is an exception though.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Everyone keeps saying "Oh it's actually not that bad around here" in terms of the economy in my town. Yeah right.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:29 pm

I was out of work for 25 months recently.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:37 pm

I'm still looking for a full-time job, 3 years after moving back to Ohio.

And at my advanced age, I fear I may never find one.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next