Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.rar extension?

5 posters

Go down

.rar extension? Empty .rar extension?

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:16 am

does anybody have any ideas on how to play videos with an .rar extension?
I can get them but no program (like vlc or smplayer) can play them.
TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

.rar extension? Junmem10

Back to top Go down

.rar extension? Empty Re: .rar extension?

Post by dblboggie Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:47 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:does anybody have any ideas on how to play videos with an .rar extension?

A .rar is a compressed file, like a .zip file. To play whatever was compressed, you first have to uncompress the file.

This link might help you with that: http://www.tech-pro.net/howto-open-rar-file.html
dblboggie
dblboggie

.rar extension? Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:48 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:does anybody have any ideas on how to play videos with an .rar extension?

I suspect you downloaded an illegally copied DVD, right? Naughty naughty!

Just download WinRar and open it.

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Google 7-Zip. It's free and better than WinRar. I have both.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

.rar extension? Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:23 pm

WinRar works fine for me. Of course I only see rar files when I'm looking at... er, never mind. Whistle
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

.rar extension? Eterna10

Birthday : 1969-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:37 pm

WinRar is payware (unless one grabs a torrent). 7-Zip is free. It does everything WinRar does except create Rar files.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

.rar extension? Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:56 pm

i_luv_miley wrote:WinRar works fine for me. Of course I only see rar files when I'm looking at... er, never mind. Whistle

WinRar works fine for me too... I"ve been using it for years... Nod2
dblboggie
dblboggie

.rar extension? Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:57 pm

TexasBlue wrote:WinRar is payware (unless one grabs a torrent). 7-Zip is free. It does everything WinRar does except create Rar files.

.rar extension? 2latseg Trying to recall how I came by my copy of WinRar... can't recall. But I know I paid nothing for it...
dblboggie
dblboggie

.rar extension? Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:59 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:WinRar is payware (unless one grabs a torrent). 7-Zip is free. It does everything WinRar does except create Rar files.

.rar extension? 2latseg Trying to recall how I came by my copy of WinRar... can't recall. But I know I paid nothing for it...

It's easy to get pirated copies of software like this. The only reason I have it is make a Rar file when the need arises... which isn't often.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

.rar extension? Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:01 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:

It's easy to get pirated copies of software like this. The only reason I have it is make a Rar file when the need arises... which isn't often.

Yeah... I probably scored this from the Usenet years ago... all kinds of warez threads on the Usenet back in the day. Wonder if the Usenet is still around?
dblboggie
dblboggie

.rar extension? Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:42 pm

dblboggie wrote:Yeah... I probably scored this from the Usenet years ago... all kinds of warez threads on the Usenet back in the day. Wonder if the Usenet is still around?

I delve into Usenet to this day... sporadically. The other day I went into a Usenet group looking for a cd by Robin Zander (of Cheap Trick). No luck though. Lots of music in this one group. All lossless format (FLAC).
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

.rar extension? Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:06 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:Yeah... I probably scored this from the Usenet years ago... all kinds of warez threads on the Usenet back in the day. Wonder if the Usenet is still around?

I delve into Usenet to this day... sporadically. The other day I went into a Usenet group looking for a cd by Robin Zander (of Cheap Trick). No luck though. Lots of music in this one group. All lossless format (FLAC).

Wow... I haven't visited the Usenet in years... surprised that it is still around kind of.
dblboggie
dblboggie

.rar extension? Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:13 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:

Wow... I haven't visited the Usenet in years... surprised that it is still around kind of.

It's definitely dwindled in recent years since it was the archaic way of posting before the internet went full blast. I still poke around there but not very often. Before this week, the last time was sometime last year. Shows ya how much I venture that way. But my Usenet subscription/access is only $2.95 a month.

http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

.rar extension? Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 am

"Extract Frog" is another good RAR unzipper.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

.rar extension? Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:05 pm

Never heard of that one.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

.rar extension? Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down