Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test Your Political Stand

+4
The_Amber_Spyglass
dblboggie
TexasBlue
guido
8 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Test Your Political Stand - Page 3 Empty Re: Test Your Political Stand

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:17 pm

dblboggie wrote:Where did my response to this last post go?????????

What post? cyclops
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Test Your Political Stand - Page 3 Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:18 pm

i_luv_miley wrote:Nobody answered the most important thing though. Which Page 3 girl should go on my wall next year? Poke

Take your pick. They're all hot. Or just throw Miley in there just for shits and giggles. Very Happy
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:24 pm

dblboggie wrote:Thing is, I didn't move away; I just typed my response and hit preview, was satisfied and hit send and it went. When I came back later, it was gone... Test Your Political Stand - Page 3 2m3ny29

Get that extension i told you about... Text Area Cache. http://superiorpolitics.com/computers-and-technology-f14/firefox-extensions-t303.htm#1904

Even if if something happens like you described, it has your post (or posts) in cache and you can copy it and try it again. Once, i was typing a response to someone and i previewed it. Then i got distracted (phone call) and i thought i had sent it but i was still in preview mode. I closed the tab and the post never showed. I bet that's what actually happened to you in this case.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:16 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:Thing is, I didn't move away; I just typed my response and hit preview, was satisfied and hit send and it went. When I came back later, it was gone... Test Your Political Stand - Page 3 2m3ny29

Get that extension i told you about... Text Area Cache. http://superiorpolitics.com/computers-and-technology-f14/firefox-extensions-t303.htm#1904

Even if if something happens like you described, it has your post (or posts) in cache and you can copy it and try it again. Once, i was typing a response to someone and i previewed it. Then i got distracted (phone call) and i thought i had sent it but i was still in preview mode. I closed the tab and the post never showed. I bet that's what actually happened to you in this case.

Apparently I should get that extension... even for the short posts. But I swear, I responded, hit send, and the post was there. And then, when I came back it was just gone! How does that happen???
dblboggie
dblboggie

Test Your Political Stand - Page 3 Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:57 pm

dblboggie wrote:Apparently I should get that extension... even for the short posts. But I swear, I responded, hit send, and the post was there. And then, when I came back it was just gone! How does that happen???

Yeah, that extension has saved my ass in here quite a few times. Once, i was typing a response to Bubblebliss and it took me almost 30 minutes to do. Right before i was done, something happened and i was ported as if i had hit the back button. Everything was lost. I was so mad i didn't bother re-typing the reply. Then 2 days later, i found that extension.

No telling in your case. But with this extension, you'd be able to re-do it. The icon sits in your status bar. You click it and another window opens with everything that was in the last post (and previous ones). Codes and everything. Then you can empty the cache after you know you got what you needed.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:44 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
i_luv_miley wrote:Nobody answered the most important thing though. Which Page 3 girl should go on my wall next year? Poke

Take your pick. They're all hot. Or just throw Miley in there just for shits and giggles. Very Happy
No. No Miley. I'm too old to put her on my wall. Laughing

But I do like the hell out of her. Go figure. Embarassed
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Test Your Political Stand - Page 3 Eterna10

Birthday : 1969-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:52 pm

One is never too old.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by kronos Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:13 pm

I only just noticed this thread (I usually ignore stickies). Here goes.

Test Your Political Stand - Page 3 100_70

Test Your Political Stand - Page 3 Pcgraphpng.php?ec=-0.25&soc=-3

kronos

Test Your Political Stand - Page 3 Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by kronos Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Look at my first score, I'm so radical I'm completely off the grid.

(I'm 100% on Personal, 70% on Economic--"Libertarian").

How did you guys post the images of your scores?

kronos

Test Your Political Stand - Page 3 Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Here's another one. Not as good but interesting all the same.

http://www.blogthings.com/howliberalorconservativeareyouquiz/
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Here's what I ended up with;

You Are 80% Conservative, 20% Liberal

Social Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Personal Responsibility: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal

Ethics: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Here's mine...

You Are 80% Conservative, 20% Liberal

Social Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal

Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal

What a shocker... we have the exact same scores! ROFL
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Except that I'm 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal on personal responsibility. But that's to be expected when you spend 2 years unemployed. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:07 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Except that I'm 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal on personal responsibility. But that's to be expected when you spend 2 years unemployed. ROFL

Snicker I was unemployed for nearly 2 years myself, but as I was self-employed, there was no unemployment for me, I had to suck down savings to 0, and then sell my antique phone collection... then a job opened up for me when a new restaurant opened... i became a waiter, or "server" as they now call them, for the first time in nearly 40 years. But when times are tough, I believe you take whatever job is available to make ends meet, even if that is flipping burgers. Personally, I'm shocked that I'm only 75% personally responsible... I must have misread a question... Snicker
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:56 am

I would have preferred to abstain Q4 seeing as I don't understand No Child Left Behind and have no desire to research it beyond a quick skim of wiki, not did I want to research what the "voucher system" is supposed to mean just to answer a single question.

I take issue with Q9 too, I think it is necessary (assuming Social Security means unemployment benefits) for those who really need it. I couldn't have survived 2009-10 without it, with student debts I had to pay off and could not defer and was applying for 25 jobs fortnight (most of which I was vastly overqualified for) and barely getting replies (mostly for that reason).

The abortion question I disagree with both. They are too extreme as answers.

My answers

You Are 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Social Issues: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Ethics: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Last edited by The_Amber_Spyglass on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:00 pm

dblboggie wrote:But when times are tough, I believe you take whatever job is available to make ends meet, even if that is flipping burgers
But that is a two way street. Businesses have to be prepared to take on vastly over-qualified and over-experienced people too. In my experience, they are largely not prepared to do so. I was lucky with my job in that though not a graduate job, I could appeal to their sense of my desire to stay with them long term because the nature of their contract with the military, which requires them to care for land owned by the MOD including SSSIs (sites of special scientific interest), nature reserves, archaeological sites and monuments and working with heritage agencies to conserve them.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:10 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:I take issue with Q9 too, I think it is necessary (assuming Social Security means unemployment benefits) for those who really need it.

That's what old people receive after retirement. Also, people who become disabled receive from it even if they're not old yet.

One of my ex-girlfriends husband died (obviously before I met her) and her daughters received Social Security till age 18 from his account. She also did until the two girls turned 18.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:12 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:
dblboggie wrote:But when times are tough, I believe you take whatever job is available to make ends meet, even if that is flipping burgers
But that is a two way street. Businesses have to be prepared to take on vastly over-qualified and over-experienced people too. In my experience, they are largely not prepared to do so. I was lucky with my job in that though not a graduate job, I could appeal to their sense of my desire to stay with them long term because the nature of their contract with the military, which requires them to care for land owned by the MOD including SSSIs (sites of special scientific interest), nature reserves, archaeological sites and monuments and working with heritage agencies to conserve them.

That's been a problem over here during the recession. Many business won't hire people for $15 an hour when their last job was a $80,000 a year job. Over-qualified. On one hand, I can't blame them because as soon as things get better, those people are gone. On the other hand, give the guy a job, fer Crissakes.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:42 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:I take issue with Q9 too, I think it is necessary (assuming Social Security means unemployment benefits) for those who really need it.

That's what old people receive after retirement. Also, people who become disabled receive from it even if they're not old yet.

One of my ex-girlfriends husband died (obviously before I met her) and her daughters received Social Security till age 18 from his account. She also did until the two girls turned 18.
Ah, right. We have separate benefits for that. We have 'state pension' and 'disability benefit' paid for out of our National Insurance contributions (this also covers unemployment benefits).
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:41 pm

You Are 20% Conservative, 80% Liberal
Social Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal

Personal Responsibility: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal Guns
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:14 pm

i_luv_miley wrote:You Are 20% Conservative, 80% Liberal

I'm so shocked at those results.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:36 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
i_luv_miley wrote:You Are 20% Conservative, 80% Liberal

I'm so shocked at those results.
I guess I was shocked at the last result. But not really. I'm all for a strong defense. But I also think that whenever we do get involved somewhere, it had better be justified - to say nothing about keeping an eye on where the funding actually goes... Whistle But the other ones, I agree with completely. I'm ultimately liberal and proud of it. As has been said, it was an odd test and there were two defense questions that I could have answered a different way, if they had been asked differently. But as they were asked, I felt I gave the proper response for my views. But in fairness, and I'm sure everyone will agree, there needs to be a lot more questions asked before we can really get an idea where we stand.
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:31 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:

I agree with you to a degree. If the job is one that does not require a big learning curve for your average person (not college educated), I believe that business owners should cut over-qualified applicants some slack. I can't tell you how many times I got turned down simply due to the experience reflected in my resume. On the other hand, if the job is one in which the employer is making a significant investment in training the employee, then I can understand their turning down an over-qualified applicant; doesn't mean I like it, but I can understand it.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:47 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:I would have preferred to abstain Q4 seeing as I don't understand No Child Left Behind and have no desire to research it beyond a quick skim of wiki, not did I want to research what the "voucher system" is supposed to mean just to answer a single question.

I take issue with Q9 too, I think it is necessary (assuming Social Security means unemployment benefits) for those who really need it. I couldn't have survived 2009-10 without it, with student debts I had to pay off and could not defer and was applying for 25 jobs fortnight (most of which I was vastly overqualified for) and barely getting replies (mostly for that reason).

The abortion question I disagree with both. They are too extreme as answers.

My answers

You Are 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Social Issues: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

The voucher program is designed to allow citizens to make decisions as to where their child goes to school. It would give parents the money they pay in taxes for education in the form of a voucher and allow them to select the school they believe would best benefit their child, be that a public or private school. Right now, parents have no such choice. With public (government) schools, parents have no choice at all with respect to what school their child attends, short of up and moving. And with private schools, parents would have to pay the tuition themselves, while still being responsible to pay taxes for the government schools in their area - even though they are not using those schools. The voucher system ends all that. The money goes where the child goes, not the other way round (as it is now) and competition is introduced to what has been a competition-free zone.

No Child Left Behind was a federal program that simply increased Federal control over schools in all US states, setting federal standards for educational achievement (the stick) in exchange for federal educational dollars (the carrot). Quite apart from the state sovereignty issues, it is questionable whether this has actually had any significant impact on educational performance because of issues like state and local school boards lowering test standards and schools only teaching-to-the-test.

Given that information, which way would you go?
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:51 am

Well I can see the problems with "No Child Left Behind" but at the same time, I do not like the idea of schools segregating themselves. Over here the sort of schools who would be most likely to do that would be religious schools. As you may or may not know, religious schools concern me in that they - without regulation - may be teaching children some pretty unsavoury ideas particularly about women's rights, homosexuals, people of other religions and of the scientific veracity of evolution. I have no problem with independent schools per se, but I think there ought to be an independent regulatory body to make sure that they adhere to a certain set of standards and quality control. So I guess given the choice my answer would be "other".
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next